Saturday, May 29, 2010

Point of View Poems for the book 'Stargirl'

STARGIRL:

I moved to a new school in Arizona,
and I stuck out like a diamond in a coal mine.
Then after school, on the was to my Grandparents house,
I was being watched, followed.
Were they really that paranoid with me being different?
So much that they would wander in my foot steps?
We wandered out of the town to a neighborhood near the shining sun.
My neighborhood.
Home.
That meant safety.
When I walked up the drive way, he hesitated.
Yes,
I was safe.


OMNISCIENT NARRATOR:

Stargirl wandered down several streets in the town.
Infact, ALL the streets in town.
She wandered all through Mica,
and out,
as the sky became darker.
She has a card,
but so does the odd,
yet beautiful boy behind her.
She approached the drive way,
as the bright sun started setting in the crimson sky.


THE RAT:

I was in my bed,
the bag,
waiting to be let go.
Finally,
stargirl removed me from the bag.
Then,
I saw him.
Perched on her shoulder,
I watched the orange sun grow closer,
and then down farther.
The boy followed until the sky became dark,
and we approached our destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment